F, #6293, b. 10 January 1844, d. 26 September 1896
was born on 10 January 1844 in Rhode Island
She was the daughter of Gilbert Congdon
and Mary Hopkins
Emma Congdon married Williams Henry S. Wood
, son of William Wood
and Mary Sutton Underhill
, on 5 September 1865.1,2
Emma Congdon died on 26 September 1896 at age 52 survived by Williams Henry S. Wood
Emma Congdon was a Quaker.2
She and Providence Monthly Meeting
met of worship at in Providence, Providence County, Rhode Island
Emma Congdon met for worship at at New York Monthy Meeting
, in July 1866.2
She became the mother of William Congdon Wood
on 22 July 1866.1,2
Emma Congdon became the mother of Gilbert Congdon Wood
on 21 July 1869.1,2
Emma Congdon became the mother of Arnold Wood
on 23 September 1872.1,2
Emma Congdon became the mother of Philip Hopkins Wood
on 22 May 1876.1,2,3
As of before 1880, Mrs Emma (Congdon) Wood and Williams Henry S. Wood
lived at 8 East 63 st, New York City, New York County, New York
, with William Congdon Wood
, Gilbert Congdon Wood
, Arnold Wood
and Philip Hopkins Wood
Emma Congdon became the mother of Mary Underhill Wood
on 19 July 1881.1,2
Emma's son Philip Hopkins Wood
died on 10 May 1882.1,2
Emma's son was married at wedding of Gilbert Congdon Wood
and Ethel Hunt
on 11 April 1896 at St. Bartholomew's Church, New York City, New York
- [S122] Arnold Wood, John Wood of Attercliffe, Yorkshire, England and Falls, Buck County, Pennsylvania and His Descendants in the United States (Privately Printed, 1903). Repository: Richard Smith Damon Arlington, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, in. Hereinafter cited as Wood Family.
- [S12] William Wade Henshaw, Encylopedia of Quaker Genealogy (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1936-1950: Inc. Broderbund Software, 1994). Repository: Richard Smith Damon Arlington, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, in, Vol III, Page 366. Hereinafter cited as Encylopdia of Quaker Genealogy.
- [S224] United States Census, 1880, William H S Wood, New York, New York County, New York City, Enumeration District 586, Page 490B, Lines 5-15, T9-0895. (Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.com).
- [S12] William Wade Henshaw, Encylopdia of Quaker Genealogy, Volume 3, page 366.
- [S223] United States Census, 1880, David S Tabor, New York, New York County, New York City, Enumeration District 538, Page 510B, Lines 20-24, T9-0892. (Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.com).
- [S177] Josephine C Frost, Editor, Underhill Genealogy (The Underhill Society of America by Myron C. Taylor, 1932; reprint Salem, Massachusetts: Higginson Book Company). Repository: Richard Smith Damon Arlington, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, in.