I also use Second Site for my Project website and am always curious about other users? sites, so clicked on your link from your SS mailing list posting.
And, of course, I check for Ball entries. There is an error with your mother of President Washington (http://genealogy.damon-family.org/p8141.htm). Her given name was ?Mary?, not ?Jane?. This Ball family has more errors on-line than any other, mostly because people are so interested in finding some connection to George Washington; most Ball families have heard they were cousins, but fewer than 2% of them are (sigh; I?m not). Even Col. William Ball?s wife?s surname is suspect, as is the surname for his son, Joseph?s, wife. I have not been able to find a thoroughly researched and documented compilation of descendants for Col. William Ball of Millenbeck VA, but Wikipedia has the most accurate data for George Washington?s mother. Yes, there was a marriage in London between a William Ball and Hannah Atherold (various spellings reported), but I haven?t seen any way to connect that event to the William and Hannah Ball living in Virginia later. I have included below the amount of data I feel is reliable at this point. Personally, I am only focusing on New England Ball families, but I would love to hook up with someone doing the real research on the Virginia Ball clans.
David G. Ball
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Descendants of Col. William Ball
1. Col. William Ball was born say 1615. He married Hannah (????). He died in November 1680 at Millenbeck, Lancaster Co., VA.
Hannah (????) died in 1695 at Lancaster Co., VA.
Children of Col. William Ball and Hannah (????) were:
+ 2. i. Joseph was born circa 1649 at England. He married second Mary (????).
2. Joseph Ball (William) was born circa 1649 at England. He married second Mary (????). He died on 11 July 1711 at Epping Forest, Lancaster Co., VA.
Children of Joseph Ball and Mary (????) were:
+ 3. i. Mary was born circa 1708 at Lancaster Co., VA. She married Augustine Washington on 6 March 1730/31 at VA.
3. Mary Ball (Joseph, William) was born circa 1708 at Lancaster Co., VA.1 She married Augustine Washington on 6 March 1730/31 at VA.1 She died on 26 August 1789.1
Augustine Washington was born circa 1694 at Westmoreland Co., VA.1 He died on 12 April 1743 at King George Co., VA.1
Children of Mary Ball and Augustine Washington were:
4. i. George was born on 11 February 1731/32 at Pope's Creek, Westmoreland Co., VA.1 He died on 14 December 1799 at Mount Vernon, Fairfax Co., VA, at age 67.1
1. Wikipedia - The Free Encyclopedia, online http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page.